Friday 5 January 2007

The Creation


This is my first-ever blog. I am tempted to immediately test whether I am able to create a link....


It is now 10 minutes later and because I use a Mac, and I'm not that computer literate in general, I will have to wait for my husband to come home and be his kind assisting self.

This is my problem with computer help manuals: I sort-of know what I want to do, but I don't know what to call it in geek speak. (It would be REALLY useful if I could add a link now to some fancy site) So now I've visited the Blog Helpspot, and it is really useful, except I am using Safari and have no idea where to find that little earth-picture-with-a-link-thingy link...aha!



It is now 30 minutes later and I have successfully erased a nice long blog with links etc. Short version: does anybody know of a user-friendly translator of computer terms for illiterati like me? For example: what does this mean?

'Clicking BlogThis! creates a mini-interface to Blogger prepopulated with a link to the web page you are visiting'...link

And, by the way...geek speak

1 comment:

MacDuda said...

nice first blog, from the kind of assisting husband.