Friday 7 September 2007

Daily commute

I thought I would like to make all my readers (in my mind you are BILLIONS) seriously envious by giving a short description of my daily cycle commute. Sigh, I know, I know.

I belong to the smug group who cycle to work. I am doing it more for my bum and less for the planet, so South Park can leave me alone. (I am referring to the brilliant episode of South Park in which Stan convinces his entire town to buy hybrid cars...)

But another reason for commuting to work is because, here in lovely Scotland, I can. I am safe from hijackers, muggers, dangerous predators and other taxis, and I have a cycle route that delivers me safely from my door to the mechanised entrance of the school. Here is the evidence:

1. The moment just before I get on my bicycle.


2. View of the downhill and only serious uphill on my way to school.


3. The hill, up close and personal, with a couple of coo's hanging in the background.


4. First view of Dunfermline: Legoland, or its most recent suburb.


5. The Dunfermline skyline.


6. Destination.

2 comments:

MacDuda said...

If I had to commute, I'd be envious.

Anonymous said...

My commute is exactly three steps. From the bed to the chair at my desk.
In fact, on days that I feel PARTICULARLY lazy (which is frequently. In fact, I can't remember a time in my life that I was NOT lazy!), I can always simply stay in bed. The ability to work from bed is one of the few perks that writers and prostitutes can enjoy. Pity that I don't make as much money as a prostitute.

So yes, what I'm trying to say in a very meandering way (almost like your scenic commute!), is exactly what Duan said.